Burlington & Beverly
Memorial Day Parades have been cancelled for Monday 5/30/2016
We would like to invite
All Prospective & New Members
Burlington City High School
"BLUE DEVIL" Marching Band & Color Guard
along with returning members for the 2016-2017 school year to a general meeting on
Wednesday May 25th, 2016 at 7:00pm.
This meeting will be to answer any and all questions that you may have regarding the
BCHS Marching Band and Music department activities.
We will also review the steps that you will take to become a part of the "GRAMMY" recognized Blue Devil music program.
If you have any questions about this meeting prior to the date please contact Mr. May at dmay@burlington
GET Your "NEW"
BC Bracelet NOW !
BCHS Music Booster Association
(ask Mr. May, Music Boosters or members of the music program!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Music Boosters' SCHOOL STORE Manager:
- This position is VERY IMPORTANT to our organization and involves overseeing and setting up a crew who will run and maintain the school store at BCHS.
- The Music Boosters have financed and operated the school store at BCHS for over 15 years. The SCHOOL STORE coordinator role involves having an adult at the school store from 2:25pm to 3:00 pm each day after school.
- The Booster store manager will need to schedule ADULT volunteers to fill the 35 minute time slot each day, as well as setting up schedules for our music students, who will work at the store manning the window and handling sales each day.
- The Manager will also need to oversee/manage inventory at the store along with reporting to the BCHSBBA monthly accounting reports.
- This position can also explore creating "NEW" marketing ideas and "NEW" retail item ideas including clothing, classroom and school spirit products
Memorial Day Parade Trophy Float Designers:
involves a crew who take care of designing and assembling a trophy
float using one of our small flatbed trailers for the Memorial Day
Weekend Parades. Also setting up someone to pull the trailer in the
Parade Water Brigade:
Music Booster Fundraising:
- Coordinate larger scale Music Booster fundraisers.
specific larger scale fundraising activities including:
TAILGATE AUCTION - SILENT AUCTION
50 / 50 SALES AT ALL MUSIC
EVENTS WALL OF FAME
INDUCTION & RECEPTION
- Involves coordinating a team of volunteers (4-6) to walk along the parades passing out water and keeping the members hydrated.
- Set up Water Jugs or Coolers, water bottles & ice before parades.
- Arrange for Wagons, Golf Carts or Trailer to transport water/coolers through the parades
- Volunteers should be dressed in relative uniformity for these events- Khaki Shorts/Pants and BCHS Music Booster Shirt.
- Coordinate distribution/collection of student fundraisers.
specific rehearsals to distribute or collect and also remind students
about fundraisers. We will have a set of fundraising activities in
place, all you have to do is:
- set up the fundraiser information to be
distributed to the students. This includes how the fundraiser will
run, the dates it is running for, and where and when to turn in their
orders and funds when it is over. You can coordinate these
things with Mr. May.
- Coordinate Raffle Fundraisers with student members and keep track of the student ticket distribution. collection & sales.